This is my all-time favorite buffalo chicken dip recipe! It’s full of big flavors, and extra-easy when made in the crock pot. Win-win. 🙂
This weekend, Henry and I made a quick road trip down to Wichita for an extra special celebration — my parents’ 60th birthday party!
But of course, knowing my parents, it wasn’t just any party. (Yes, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.)
It was a “hippie dippie party“.
Over the course of the evening, over 60 friends and family arrived sporting their grooviest tie-dye, fringe, bell bottoms, peasant blouses, platform shoes, knee boots, beads, head scarves, and more. And to go with the theme, everyone also arrived with a dip in tow to share!
I took the easy route and borrowed a friend’s cute mumu for the night, which turned out to be fabulously comfy and allowed plenty of room for sampling the dozens of dips that arrived for the party. And then my own contribution to the dip-a-thon, I decided to put the crock pot to work making one of my all-time favorite appetizers. It only took about 10 minutes to prep, and disappeared before the first Simon and Garfunkel record was over. 😉
Let’s hear it for this far-out Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe | 1-Minute Video
I’ve been making my Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip in the oven for years and years. But after my recent success transitioning my Spinach Artichoke Dip to the slow cooker, I decided it would be fun to try slow cooking this one as well.
As it turns out, it works like a charm!
Simply add all of your traditional buffalo chicken dip ingredients to the bowl of a slow cooker…
…stir them together…
…and then after cooking the mixture on high for 60-90 minutes, or on low for 2-3 hours…
…this ridiculously irresistible dip will be ready to serve. And I do mean irresistible. I’ve made buffalo chicken dip dozens of times, and there are never ever leftovers. It’s a delicious fact of life that I’m ok with. 🙂
Feel free to add some extra blue cheese and green onions on top, and either just serve it in the slow cooker…
…or transfer it to a serving dish for easier crowd-dipping. And enjoy every. last. bite.
We sure did. 🙂
So happy, happy birthday to my 60-year old parents! (And a special happy birthday today to my lovely mom!) We all had the best time this weekend, and I wish you peace, love, and many more epic parties in your new house ahead. 🙂
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is extra-easy when made in the crock pot, and just as irresistible and delicious as always!
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat cream cheese, roughly cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese*
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce** (I recommend Frank’s)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- (optional toppings: extra crumbled blue cheese, thinly-sliced green onions, chopped celery, and/or a drizzle of hot sauce)
- Spray the inside of the bowl of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of the slow cooker, and stir until combined. (You can also stir the ingredients together in a separate bowl, and then transfer that to the bowl of the slow cooker afterwards.)
- Cook on high for 1.5 – 2 hours, or until the cheeses are all melted. (Alternately, you can also cook this on low for 3-4 hours, or until the cheeses are all melted.) Give the dip a good final stir, then transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with extra blue cheese and green onions if desired. Serve with chips or your desired dippers.
*If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, feel free to leave it out.
**If you do not like much spice/heat, I recommend starting with 1/2 cup hot sauce. Then once the mixture has cooked, give it a taste, and you can always add more.