Slow Cooker Beef Tips are tender beef slices, mixed with chopped mushrooms and onion mix slow cooked to perfection! Easy weeknight meal!
Slow cooker meals are just what we need this school year! Try my favorite slow cooker meals like Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Roast (To Die For), Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie or Slow Cooer General Tso’s Chicken for an easy dinner meal!
Slow Cooker Beef Tips
School is about to start and I am getting all things prepared for mornings of waking up early, rushing boys off to school then taking care of my little girls during the day.
Throughout the day I am going, going, going. I know that I need to be ready for dinner when everyone comes home.
Making this easy slow cooker beef tip recipe is a breeze. It is so simple to prepare and the slow cooker does the work!
This is a tried and true recipe that everyone loves and is excited for! Add this Slow Cooker Beef Tips recipe to your weekly meal plan and see how easy and delicious it is!
How to make Beef Tips
- Sear: In a large skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil. Salt and pepper the stew meat and add in batches to sear on both sides until brown, but do not cook throughout.
- Add: Once the stew meat is cooked add it to the slow cooker.
- Slow cooker: Add the beef broth, dry onion soup mix, onions, mushroom, and garlic. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Cornstarch: 30 minutes before it is done cooking, mix together in a small bowl the water and cornstarch. Stir it into the slow cooker and allow it to thicken.
- Serve: Over pasta or mashed potatoes.
What to serve with Beef Tips
We usually prefer potatoes under our beef tips to make this a complete meal. You can serve these beef tips with potatoes, noodles or even rice.
To make this into a great family meal add in some vegetables like green beans, roasted cauliflower or carrots to bring in some color and extra flavor.
These have been our favorite family potatoes.
- Dad’s Famous Mashed Potatoes
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Need more steak meals to add to your menu?! Try these!
- Creamy Garlic Steak Bites with Mushrooms
- Garlic Butter Herb Steak Bites with Potatoes
- Skillet Salisbury Steak
- Garlic Butter herb Steak and Mushrooms
- Brown Sugar Garlic Flank Steak
Slow Cooker Beef Tips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 pounds stew meat
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
In a large skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil. Salt and pepper the stew meat and add in batches to sear on both sides until brown, but do not cook throughtout. Add the stew meat to the slow cooker.
Add the beef broth, dry onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, onions, mushroom, and garlic. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours.
30 minutes before it is done cooking, mix together in a small bowl the water and cornstarch. Stir it into the slow cooker and allow it to thicken.
Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.