This “Everything” Roasted Asparagus recipe is quick and easy to make, naturally gluten-free and vegan, and crazy delicious.
Want to kick your roasted asparagus up a delicious notch this season?
Sprinkle on some everything bagel seasoning!
Turns out that the famous combination of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, minced garlic and onion pairs perfectly with savory asparagus. Plus, it only takes an extra minute or so to whip up a batch of everything bagel seasoning from scratch. Or you can save a step and buy a pre-made blend (affiliate link), if you’d like.
However you make it, this is a fun and festive twist on roasted asparagus that everyone is bound to love. And even better? It only takes a few minutes to prep. Let’s make a quick batch!
What’s In Everything Bagel Seasoning?
First up, let’s talk for a sec about the starring ingredient — exactly what is everything bagel seasoning? It’s simply a blend of sesame seeds (traditionally both white and black sesame seeds are used), poppy seeds, dried minced garlic, and dried minced onions. Plus it usually includes sea salt (and sometimes black pepper) as well. And it is delicious.
I usually just whip up a quick batch myself homemade, but you are welcome to buy a pre-made blend at the store (or on Amazon!) if you’d like.
“Everything” Roasted Asparagus Ingredients:
To make this “everything” roasted asparagus recipe, you will need:
- Asparagus: Nice and fresh, with the ends trimmed. It can be as thick or as thin as you prefer.
- Olive oil: Or whatever your preferred cooking oil may be.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: Either homemade or store-bought.
- Sea salt: As needed. (Feel free to sprinkle on some freshly-cracked black pepper too, if you’d like.)
How To Make Roasted Asparagus:
To make roasted asparagus, simply:
- Drizzle and toss the asparagus with oil. You can either do this in a mixing bowl, or on the baking sheet itself.
- Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. The more the merrier, if you ask me!
- Roast. Pop the baking sheet in the oven and roast until the asparagus reaches your desired degree of tenderness. (I like mine still fairly crisp.)
- Taste and season. Then remove from the oven, take a sample bite, and season with extra salt if need be. Then…
- Serve! Nice and warm, fresh outta the oven. 🙂
This post contains affiliate links.
Kick your roasted asparagus up a notch with some everything bagel seasoning! Feel free to sprinkle on as much as you’d like.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning, or more/less to taste
- fine sea salt
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle evenly with the olive oil. Toss briefly so that the asparagus are evenly coated in the oil. Then arrange them back out in an even layer, and sprinkle evenly with the everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the asparagus reach your desired level of tenderness.
- Taste and season with extra salt if needed.
*To find out where the ends need to be trimmed off, just give your asparagus a good bend and the woody part at the bottom will snap off.