This post is sponsored by Kettle Brand Potato Chips.
Kansas City seems to be an equal mix of smiles and yawns this week…because our Royals are in the World Series for the second year in a row!!! And better yet, we’ve won our first two games!!!
This of course has resulted in a mega increase in smiley-ness around town, especially if anyone spots you wearing your blue and gold. And after nights like Game 1, when the teams decided to stretch things out past 1am until the 14th inning, yawns everywhere have also been contagious. Oof. As one of my friends said on Facebook, the day after was undoubtedly the “least productive day in recent Kansas City workforce history”. But hey, we’ll take it. So proud of our Royals!!!
Now that I’m back in town, I was excited to invite a big group of friends over to watch Game 2 at my place. I had planned to spend the afternoon cleaning my house after being gone for weeks, and whip up a bunch of my favorite appetizers to serve. But my work project on the other side of town ended up running late, and I arrived home right just before the game to a mega pile of dishes and a still-messy house, which almost tempted me to back out and have another friend host. But then I reminded myself, no one cares. We all just want to watch the game!
So I tossed all of the dishes in the sink, cleared my piles of projects off of the living room table, made sure the fridge was at least stocked with some drinks, and then decided to pop a batch of popcorn and quickly whip up one of my all-time favorite game day indulgences — this 5-Minute Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip.
If you’ve never had it before, take it from me — this dip is a winner.
I’ve been eating this dip since I was a kid. And honestly, I still get as excited when I see that someone brought it to a party as I did when I was a kid. Because with simple ingredients like these, you totally can’t go wrong. And those ingredients couldn’t be easier!
All you need is:
- a block of cream cheese (I use low-fat)
- shredded cheddar cheese (I recommend sharp part-skim cheddar)
- plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- ranch seasoning (I recommend making it homemade to avoid the processed stuff)
- green onions (for extra flavor and color)
- BACON (because bacon)
- and some tasty chips for serving
The directions couldn’t be easier. Simply stir everything together…
And then grab a bag of my favorite crunchy Kettle Brand Potato Chips for dipping. (I served my favorite Sea Salt chips, but my friends were even more obsessed with the Pepperoncini flavor and absolutely demolished a bag!) I always keep a bag of these guys on hand because they’re nice and thick and sturdy for dipping (especially with heavy dips like this), they’re made sustainably and with all-natural ingredients, and they are simply good. If you haven’t checked out all of their new flavors lately — especially the Red Curry, Roasted Garlic and Sriracha flavors — you must!
Anyway, once you have your chips and your dip, this fantastic appetizer will be ready to go in just minutes! And in just minutes, it will probably disappear like that. Because indulgent dips like this one never last for long around my house. 🙂
Enjoy! And GO ROYALS!!!
This 5-Minute Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip recipe is super easy to prepare with just 6 ingredients, it’s naturally gluten-free, and it’s always (ALWAYS) a crowd favorite!
- 8 strips cooked bacon, finely-diced
- 1 (8 ounce) block low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions (about 3–4 green onions)
- 3 Tablespoons Ranch seasoning mix, homemade or store-bought (equivalent to 1 packet)
- Kettle Brand Potato Chips for serving (I used the Sea Salt flavor)
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir until combined. Garnish with extra bacon and green onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately with Kettle Brand Potato Chips for dipping. Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
This post is sponsored by Kettle Brand Potato Chips. I have teamed up with them to create this tasty new recipe for dipping, and all Kettle Chip-loving opinions are 100% my own as always. Thanks for continuing to support the brands who help make this blog possible!