Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
I’m ready to dive headfirst into an ultra-relaxing, work-avoiding, party-hopping, sleep-in-ing, sun-soaking, watermelon-stuffing, pool-splashing, 3 day weekend of TIME OFF. So I’m going to keep things short and sweet, and let’s get it.
I spaced off making a red white and blue patriotic recipe in advance for Memorial Day this year. But this one’s heavy on the red, so hey, we’re at least a third of the way there. And with 5 ingredients, there’s zero excuse not to make a batch this weekend.
We’re talking strawberry salsa, baby!
I don’t know about where you live, but our strawberries have been lookin’ mighty fine at the grocery stores in Kansas City lately. And since the season doesn’t last long, I have been happily indulging. Strawberry banana smoothies for breakfast, strawberry kale salads for lunch, strawberry margs for happy hour, strawberry balsamic chicken for dinner, strawberry shortcakes for dessert…gimme some strawberries!!!
Of course, chips and salsa are also a course unto themselves in mi casa. So for a gathering with some neighbors the other night, I decided to whip up a simple strawberry salsa recipe to go with a salty batch of tortilla chips. I kept it simple with just 5 ingredients. And the result…?
Well, first off it felt like Christmas in May…
…but the salsa was delightful!
It’s super colorful and pretty, the perfect balance of sweet and spicy and savory, it comes together in less than 10 minutes…
…it’s deliciously scoop-able. Grab a chip and dive in!
And I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
This 5-Ingredient Strawberry Salsa is sweet, simple to make, and so delicious!
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- half of a small red onion, peeled and finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro, loosely-packed
- juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons
- (pinch of salt and black pepper)
- Toss all ingredients together until combined. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.
- *If you would like a sweeter salsa, feel free to stir in a few teaspoons of warmed honey.